We regularly advise clients in the field of non-profit organizations, mainly in the form of Swiss foundations or associations. We assist our clients with respect to the set-up and structuring of such foundations and associations.
We also provide a comprehensive tax advice related to their non-profit organizations and take care of the proceedings with the tax authorities regarding the tax-exempt status.
As regards foundations, we have extensive experience with representing our clients before the Swiss supervisory authority at federal and cantonal level, including drafting and pre-filing of the foundation articles and regulations.
We represent numerous international foundations and associations in a wide range of charitable fields including humanitarian aid, education, economic development, gender equality, environment, arts, culture, and sports.
We also provide support regarding the structuring of the foundation or association, including advice on corporate governance, application for work permits and drafting of employment contracts.
Our areas of practice include:
- incorporation and structuring of foundations and associations,
- drafting of articles and regulations,
- tax advice, including representing clients before the Swiss tax authorities in order to obtain tax-exempt status,
- representing clients before the Swiss supervisory authority,
- advising on all aspects of corporate governance, best practices and regulatory compliance,
- general corporate and contractual matters,
- employment and immigration law.